Installing Zscaler Root Certificate for macOS Devices
Download the Zscaler Root Certificate CRT or CER file.
Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
Select "System" in the left-hand column.
Open ‘File > Import Items’ and import the certificate files into the "System" keychain
Alternately, you can drag the save certificate into Keychain box
6. Insert the administrator credentials
NOTE: You need to have local machine Administrator rights to install the certificate.
7. The certificate should now show with a red X which means it is untrusted.
8. To provide trust, double-click on the certificate.
9. Under "Trust", change the setting at the top (When using this certificate) to "Always Trust".
10. Insert the administrator credentials
NOTE: you need to have local machine Administrator rights to install the certificate
11. The certificate is successfully installed.
Installing Zscaler Root Certificate for iOS Devices
The following are ways that you can install the Zscaler Root Certificate:
1. Host the file on Google drive for example or direct download from Zscaler ZIA admin portal
a. You will need to make use the Safari Browser for the download to work correctly.
2. Once the Safari Browser is open, navigate to the URL where the Zscaler Root Certificate is hosted, and you should see the following screen. Select “Allow”.
3. After selecting “Allow”, you should see the following screen. Select “Install”.
4. After selecting “Install”, you will be prompted to enter your PIN, or password if you have one. a. Enter your PIN, or password and you should see the following screen. Select “Install”.
5. After selecting “Install”, you will see the following screen. Select “Install” at the bottom of the screen.
6. You should be taken back to Safari or your home screen at this point of time. Open settings, and search for the word “Cert” from the homepage in settings as seen below.
Select “Certificate Trust Settings” as seen below. If you see more options pop up you most likely have an older version of iOS and do not need to proceed to the next steps.
Else, if you see the screen below continue with these instruction
7. After selecting “Certificate Trust Settings” scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Certificate Trust Settings” option as seen below.
8. The following screen will appear. You will need to switch the slider for Zscaler Root CA to the on position.
9. You will receive the warning below. Select “Continue”.
10. You should now see a screen that looks like the following one and have finished installing the Zscaler certificate. You may close the Settings app.